Vocaloid Creativity Board

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Vocaloid Creativity Boards are a hub for not only Vocaloid fans, but especially people who produce Vocaloid and UTAU songs and fanart themselves and want to show and share. Use this as a platform for forming group projects and collaborative work!

2 posters

[Miku Appends] Quasar Infinity

Kentai-P
    Kentai-P
    Admin

I am a : Vocaloid Producer
    Special Item : Green hat (made from an actual blowable horn)
    Location : I am hiding in your closet. ... When was the last time you cleaned this place up?!

[Miku Appends] Quasar Infinity Empty [Miku Appends] Quasar Infinity

Post  Kentai-P Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:10 pm

Built on a cool guitar riff I created this little nifty song xD

But much there isn't to say about it I think.

I chose this unusual title because it suddenly came to mind, when writing the song.

sy,
    Kentai
    AgentJ
    AgentJ

I am a : Future Vocaloid Producer =)

[Miku Appends] Quasar Infinity Empty Re: [Miku Appends] Quasar Infinity

Post  AgentJ Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:53 am

I like how Miku sounds here ( i thought it was a real singer for a moment Shocked ), mind to share infos about singer setting and your approach to set dynamic, pitch and pbs.

the guitar riff itself is good but yeah the FL slayer is really not a good electric guitar vst imo (lots of people including my-self dont like it)
    I havent tried vir2 Electri6ity yet (out of money lol) but i think it is the electric guitar vst that a lots of composer/arranger will use.

Rest sound good, there is no muddyness ( or my ears havent recovered yet
    Very Happy ), maybe the mix could use louder drums (unless you truely want drums not too loud) because in today music drums is always the loudest (or at least the kick) thing we hear.

Well thats all about it, hope i wasnt too harsh in my comments, and hope you will reach the awsomeness one day and make tons of money.
    Kentai-P
    Kentai-P
    Admin

I am a : Vocaloid Producer
    Special Item : Green hat (made from an actual blowable horn)
    Location : I am hiding in your closet. ... When was the last time you cleaned this place up?!

Post  Kentai-P Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:04 am

Not at all, I welcome your honest feedback.
    Also I am glad you liked the song.

As for singer settings: I must say that I am very, very unconfortable with editing the singer- and note properties in the vocaloid editor, so I don't do it. ... like at all xD

To have my singers sound more realistic and dynamic I process all of that via equalizing.

Not only normal eqaulizing, to make the voice sound better and more authentic, but also dynamically changing equalizing via automatation to add dynamic to the vocals.

As for the guitar: I didn't use FL Slayer, I'm way past that xD
    I used the FL Studio 9 Direct Wave Guitar pack (which is infact real recorded guitar string by string) and equalized it using hard core.

And the drum.
    well... I do like drums a lot, but I haven't yet fully decided how prominent they shall be in my music. Usually I care very little for what is 'in' and what's not, I just compose what I like, so that isn't decided yet.

However what you may have experienced may be, that I played a little with balance in this songs, shifting some instruments to the left speaker and some to the right.
    As for the drums I shifted those too and I realize that that may have been a wrong decision.

In retrospect I too have the opinion, that the drum needs an equal balance setting to both speakers as it is the most important support instrument.

sy,
    Kentai

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:55 am