The Vocaloid Creativity Boards are a hub for not only Vocaloid fans, but especially people who produce Vocaloid and UTAU songs and fanart themselves and want to show and share. Use this as a platform for forming group projects and collaborative work!


    List of UTAUs?

    Share
    avatar
    annamaeblythe

    Rank : LOKEの娘
    I am a : Overseas (UTAU) Master NUMBER ONE!
    Special Item : ... You know Anaka's item ;D
    Gender : Female Posts : 21
    Join date : 2010-07-18
    Age : 23

    List of UTAUs?

    Post  annamaeblythe on Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:29 pm

    I know there was one out there, but I have no idea where it went.
    I actually was wondering if anyone knew where the MASSIVE list of UTAUs that lists basically all of them in order of their release date was.
    (And, yes, I know it existed.)

    (I kinda think I'd like to use it to find UTAUs to download, any maybe make a checklist to see if I could catch them all... UTAMON! /is shot)
    avatar
    Rave

    I am a : UTAU producer, Artist
    Special Item : A Tazer
    Gender : Female Posts : 103
    Join date : 2010-06-25
    Age : 22
    Location : in your pants

    Re: List of UTAUs?

    Post  Rave on Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:34 pm

    well, I have NO clue about that list, but i suppose a new one could be made using the UTAU wiki, although it would probably be alphabetical.


    I wanna catch a triphonic Lunamon!
    avatar
    annamaeblythe

    Rank : LOKEの娘
    I am a : Overseas (UTAU) Master NUMBER ONE!
    Special Item : ... You know Anaka's item ;D
    Gender : Female Posts : 21
    Join date : 2010-07-18
    Age : 23

    Re: List of UTAUs?

    Post  annamaeblythe on Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:54 am

    Rave wrote:well, I have NO clue about that list, but i suppose a new one could be made using the UTAU wiki, although it would probably be alphabetical.


    I wanna catch a triphonic Lunamon!

    The UTAU Wiki is so horribly incomplete... /sigh
    I was talking with OHerman about how an actual database would be better than a Wiki, and he agreed.
    (But the problem is that people don't want to give up the wiki because the wiki is like a big collection of OCs ._. The database would be a collection of download links/ links to blogs/ homepages/ websites, and maybe a small blurb about appearance/ an icon of the UTAU. So much nicer. (Because, no, I don't care about your UTAU's "personality.")
    avatar
    UtauReni

    Rank : Evil Scientist
    I am a : UTAU User, Vocaloid Fan
    Special Item : Yandere POWER!!
    Gender : Female Posts : 145
    Join date : 2010-06-23
    Age : 23
    Location : California, USA

    Re: List of UTAUs?

    Post  UtauReni on Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:15 pm

    ^^^

    THIS!!!

    I've actually thought about starting such a project, but theres no way I'd have the time/resources/patience to finish @.@ maybe we can rally a forum effort and work on it together? x3
    avatar
    Aerendyll

    Rank : UTAU nutcake
    I am a : Jack of all trades
    Special Item : Ace of Spades card
    Gender : Female Posts : 79
    Join date : 2010-07-17
    Age : 28
    Location : The Netherlands, Europe

    Re: List of UTAUs?

    Post  Aerendyll on Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:26 am

    I think this idea is a good idea on paper, but impossible to carry out.

    Why, you ask? There are HUNDREDS of UTAUs and it's just a matter of time before there are thousands. Good luck with finding 1) all their voicebanks, 2) a picture of them and 3) when they were made.

    The Wikia is as close as you can get and it's a project you can easily contribute to. (And the most complete as of today.)
    avatar
    annamaeblythe

    Rank : LOKEの娘
    I am a : Overseas (UTAU) Master NUMBER ONE!
    Special Item : ... You know Anaka's item ;D
    Gender : Female Posts : 21
    Join date : 2010-07-18
    Age : 23

    Re: List of UTAUs?

    Post  annamaeblythe on Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:54 am

    @Reni
    Forum project would be fun XD !

    Aerendyll wrote:I think this idea is a good idea on paper, but impossible to carry out.

    Why, you ask? There are HUNDREDS of UTAUs and it's just a matter of time before there are thousands. Good luck with finding 1) all their voicebanks, 2) a picture of them and 3) when they were made.

    The Wikia is as close as you can get and it's a project you can easily contribute to. (And the most complete as of today.)

    Uh, no.
    There's already BEEN a list with the bank's name, release date, and a link to one of their vids. It was made back when there were about 800, If I remember correctly.
    Generally, that's more than enough to find the bank if it still exists. We don't need pictures, it would just be a nice touch. Some banks don't even /have/ character images.

    And, this is where I point out that the Wiki is a overgrown wiki of OCs that may or may not have download links to a voicebank using their character image posted on the pages.

    Sure, it may be useful for finding Japanese banks-
    But because it's easy to contribute to, the overseas banks turn into a horrid, horrid trainwreck as soon as OHerman and his mods turn their backs for a second.
    avatar
    Aerendyll

    Rank : UTAU nutcake
    I am a : Jack of all trades
    Special Item : Ace of Spades card
    Gender : Female Posts : 79
    Join date : 2010-07-17
    Age : 28
    Location : The Netherlands, Europe

    Re: List of UTAUs?

    Post  Aerendyll on Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:52 am

    @AnnaMaeBlythe: Exactly. There's BEEN a list. If it's gone now, how do you ever intend to find all of those again AND the newer ones?

    I know a lot of UTAUs are more like OCs with a voice. But who cares? Everyone's into UTAU for different reasons and it's not our job to tell them to quit it because it's just a singing program. You can do HANASUs/Talkloids with UTAU too if you know how, so no, it's NOT just singing software. Sure, that's it's main function, but it's not just limited to that. Even if said OCs are horrible Mary Sues, it's not our job to tell them they should quit it. It's still THEIR voice we're talking about, NOT ours.

    Besides, it's not like all Japanese UTAUs are good. Some are just as Mary Sue-ish as ours and Crypton copies exist there too. The only real difference is their country of birth, nationality and first language. Which, I have to add, does NOT make them better at anything except pronunciation of Japanese.
    avatar
    annamaeblythe

    Rank : LOKEの娘
    I am a : Overseas (UTAU) Master NUMBER ONE!
    Special Item : ... You know Anaka's item ;D
    Gender : Female Posts : 21
    Join date : 2010-07-18
    Age : 23

    Re: List of UTAUs?

    Post  annamaeblythe on Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:16 am

    Aerendyll wrote:@AnnaMaeBlythe: Exactly. There's BEEN a list. If it's gone now, how do you ever intend to find all of those again AND the newer ones?

    I know a lot of UTAUs are more like OCs with a voice. But who cares? Everyone's into UTAU for different reasons and it's not our job to tell them to quit it because it's just a singing program. You can do HANASUs/Talkloids with UTAU too if you know how, so no, it's NOT just singing software. Sure, that's it's main function, but it's not just limited to that. Even if said OCs are horrible Mary Sues, it's not our job to tell them they should quit it. It's still THEIR voice we're talking about, NOT ours.

    Besides, it's not like all Japanese UTAUs are good. Some are just as Mary Sue-ish as ours and Crypton copies exist there too. The only real difference is their country of birth, nationality and first language. Which, I have to add, does NOT make them better at anything except pronunciation of Japanese.

    No, there /WAS/ a list, and there still /IS/ a list, I just lost the link.
    Here's a list with the first 200 or so:
    http://utaulibrary.ame-zaiku.com/mirror/separate.html
    Here's a massive list with just names:
    http://www.voiceblog.jp/cresse/1151524.html
    Here's a list of basically every UTAU on nico:
    http://dic.nicovideo.jp/a/utau%E9%9F%B3%E5%A3%B0%E3%83%A9%E3%82%A4%E3%83%96%E3%83%A9%E3%83%AA%E4%B8%80%E8%A6%A7

    It's not impossible, and it wouldn't be as hard as it sounds.
    And I got all of those from googling "Nala_doll camila_melodia akira_haru LOKE" ._.

    If you think you have any semblance of an argument in your post, you are very mistaken.

    And, to say that on average, Japanese UTAUs are just as bad as Overseas UTAUs is a blatant lie.
    Overseas UTAUs tend to have cumbersomely large voicebanks, while still only having the basic files. (It's hard to find one that's under 30 megabytes without sounding bad) They tend to have staticy files, and it's rare to find one where samples remain consistent throughout.
    Now, let's look at Japanese UTAUs. They are typically made well. If they exceed 25 megabytes, it's usually because they have extra files, (Up notes, "appends", VCV...) they tend to have clearer samples, and they tend to be more consistent. Japanese UTAUs are generally more complete than overseas UTAUs, and there are more Japanese UTAUs with VCV.
    I've used a TON of Japanese UTAUs, and a ton of Overseas UTAUs.
    I used to prefer overseas because they seemed to have more "personality" and had varied accents. However, now, I really, really prefer Japanese UTAUs. They're easier to use, they usually sound better, and CV banks tend to take up less space.
    Haruka Nana has up notes, normal notes, and down notes. She takes up less space than the copy of Yuki you had given me, and I'm pretty sure that copy of Yuki only had normal notes.
    (Now, Yokune Ruko's latest bank takes up 94 megabytes zipped. However, that is a C4 bank, a normal bank, a whisper bank... I think it's 5 full appends. Even if you round up to 100, if you divide 100 by five, you get 20. That's basically 20 megabytes per bank, and she has extra files, so it's basically less than that. In addition to that, basically all of the appends except one sound marvelous.)
    When it comes to VCV, overseas users tend to do it wrong. Japanese users some times mess up on OTOs, but for the most part, their VCV are pretty dang good.
    And want to know something? There are quite a lot of Japanese UTAUs with VCV. And everyone (Well, everyone at the UTAU forum, at least) knows I'm in LOVE with VCV.
    avatar
    Mooncrafter

    Rank : Star-Gazer
    I am a : an artist, who hopes to someday be an UTAU producer!
    Special Item : Zodiac Wheel
    Gender : Female Posts : 48
    Join date : 2010-06-25
    Age : 25

    Re: List of UTAUs?

    Post  Mooncrafter on Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:49 am

    annamaeblythe wrote:

    And, to say that on average, Japanese UTAUs are just as bad as Overseas UTAUs is a blatant lie.

    This.

    BS.

    The Japanese are just better at ignoring their shit UTAUs than the Overseas are. Granted, we DO have MORE shit UTAUs than they do since they have the advantage of speaking the language where we don't. But if you noticed, we also have MORE UTAUloids than they do. The percentage is the same.
    avatar
    Rave

    I am a : UTAU producer, Artist
    Special Item : A Tazer
    Gender : Female Posts : 103
    Join date : 2010-06-25
    Age : 22
    Location : in your pants

    Re: List of UTAUs?

    Post  Rave on Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:14 am

    Mooncrafter wrote:
    annamaeblythe wrote:

    And, to say that on average, Japanese UTAUs are just as bad as Overseas UTAUs is a blatant lie.

    This.

    BS.

    The Japanese are just better at ignoring their shit UTAUs than the Overseas are. Granted, we DO have MORE shit UTAUs than they do since they have the advantage of speaking the language where we don't. But if you noticed, we also have MORE UTAUloids than they do. The percentage is the same.

    I agree, we do have more bad UTAU's, but we have a lot more UTAU's in general, so its more difficult to balance out, but I would say its about the same.
    avatar
    annamaeblythe

    Rank : LOKEの娘
    I am a : Overseas (UTAU) Master NUMBER ONE!
    Special Item : ... You know Anaka's item ;D
    Gender : Female Posts : 21
    Join date : 2010-07-18
    Age : 23

    Re: List of UTAUs?

    Post  annamaeblythe on Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:16 am

    Mooncrafter wrote:
    This.

    BS.

    The Japanese are just better at ignoring their shit UTAUs than the Overseas are. Granted, we DO have MORE s*** UTAUs than they do since they have the advantage of speaking the language where we don't. But if you noticed, we also have MORE UTAUloids than they do. The percentage is the same.

    My god, Can you get your facts straight for once?

    No, there are more Japanese UTAUs than there are overseas UTAUs. That holds true according to EVERY source I have found, except the UTAU wiki (which you all know I dislike immensely.) If anything, there might be /the same/ amount of overseas and Japanese UTAUs. But, I find that unlikely.

    Yes, there are bad Japanese UTAUs. However, let me point something out.
    Their worst UTAUs are, like, Miku quality compared to our worst UTAUs.
    Their worst UTAUs are either intentionally bad (like those ones with the bandages on their mouths), or just "blah."
    Our worst are... Well, They're BAD.
    Sure, we have our /good/ UTAUs. But know something? Our good UTAUs aren't as good as their good UTAUs.
    They have Ritsu. What do we have?

    The percentage is not the same. I've heard Japanese UTAUs sing songs so amazingly, you'd think they were human.
    It's rare to stumble on an overseas UTAU doing that, really.
    The percentage of really good Japanese UTAUs to All Japanese UTAUs is way higher than the percentage of really good Overseas UTAUs to All Overseas UTAUs.
    In addition to that, the percentage of very bad Japanese UTAUs to all Japanese UTAUs is way lower than the percentage for overseas UTAUs.

    Yes, the Japanese users /can/ do wrong, and they have their "meh." voicebanks that all sound the same, but at least they sound decent.
    However, overseas users /generally/ do wrong and have a WHOLE HECK of a lot of boring, poorly done voicebanks that tend to all sound the same.

    @Rave
    No, there's more Japanese UTAUs than overseas UTAUs.
    I have no idea why you all think there's more overseas ones.
    avatar
    Rave

    I am a : UTAU producer, Artist
    Special Item : A Tazer
    Gender : Female Posts : 103
    Join date : 2010-06-25
    Age : 22
    Location : in your pants

    Re: List of UTAUs?

    Post  Rave on Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:22 am

    [quote="annamaeblythe"]
    Mooncrafter wrote:
    @Rave
    No, there's more Japanese UTAUs than overseas UTAUs.
    I have no idea why you all think there's more overseas ones.

    I think there are, simply because if you look at all the ones that aren't paid attention to....at all (they have like....5 views on their video's) there are a LOT. and some of them aren't bad, they just lack an oto or maybe are missing a sound or two.
    Personaly, I think one of the main reasons we have so many bad Overseas UTAU's is because people think it is just going to take like 5 minutes to make one, and when it gets 'tough' (more than 30 minutes) they give up and post the 5 minutes of work they put in.
    avatar
    annamaeblythe

    Rank : LOKEの娘
    I am a : Overseas (UTAU) Master NUMBER ONE!
    Special Item : ... You know Anaka's item ;D
    Gender : Female Posts : 21
    Join date : 2010-07-18
    Age : 23

    Re: List of UTAUs?

    Post  annamaeblythe on Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:29 am

    Rave wrote:
    I think there are, simply because if you look at all the ones that aren't paid attention to....at all (they have like....5 views on their video's) there are a LOT. and some of them aren't bad, they just lack an oto or maybe are missing a sound or two.
    Personaly, I think one of the main reasons we have so many bad Overseas UTAU's is because people think it is just going to take like 5 minutes to make one, and when it gets 'tough' (more than 30 minutes) they give up and post the 5 minutes of work they put in.

    TBH, I don't count it as an UTAU until either it has a DL link, or it sounds really good.
    That five minutes of effort is just... well... Another test until you either make it sound decent, or put up a DL link. Since they give up after that five minutes and never post up the DL link or try to make it even sound decent, that doesn't really count to me, yaknow?

    Another reason is that there are overseas users who set out to make 12 UTAUs using their own voice. Yes. 12 ._.

    I actually used to stalk Youtube for download links on newcomer videos. That's partially why I lost a lot of faith in the overseas community. (Like, so much it's not funny.)
    Now I stalk Nico for download links on newcomers. They sound SO MUCH Better.
    avatar
    UtauReni

    Rank : Evil Scientist
    I am a : UTAU User, Vocaloid Fan
    Special Item : Yandere POWER!!
    Gender : Female Posts : 145
    Join date : 2010-06-23
    Age : 23
    Location : California, USA

    Re: List of UTAUs?

    Post  UtauReni on Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:23 pm

    As for the whole 'who has more utauloids' thing:
    We both have a lot.
    We both have famous utauloids that get more attention than not-famous utauloids.
    We sometimes forget that the utauloids from Japan that we see are the ones that are good enough to get reposted multiple times on YouTube... I'm certain that it's quite possible for there to be just as many -if not maybe more- utauloids on NND that simply never get seen by someone who would post the video onto YouTube.
    In summary: It's really rather impossible to say. The numbers are changing daily, anyway. Who has more utauloids shouldn't be something we waste so much worry and frustration on ^^;


    As for the plausibility of making the list:
    It would be a huge pain in everyone's asses. LOL especially because of the high risk of mixing up facts. We're only human, it's practically guarranteed that with the insane number of UTAUloids in existence, there would be mistakes. ^^; WHICH is why it would be nice for a large group (i.e. a forum) to work together. The benefit of making our own list would mean that we could organize it in a different way than the UTAU Wiki. It wouldn't give us the right to pick-and-choose which UTAUloid is deserving to be listed, but we could organize it in a specific way - i.e. by date of release, which I believe Mae suggested.


    Also, um, Mae...
    "My god, Can you get your facts straight for once?"
    Comments such as this are absolutely unnecessary, uncalled for, and just plain rude. Please refrain from speaking like this on the forum in the future ;_; There are much better ways to rephrase that. You could say "I disagree, actually. I did a little research, and found that, factually, ______." It would be more respectful that way, and the responses you would get, I can guarrantee, would be nothing less than equal in respect ^^ Just a heads up. Tryin to avoid some future debates her. Not liking the current morale of the forum, that's all. ^^;;
    avatar
    annamaeblythe

    Rank : LOKEの娘
    I am a : Overseas (UTAU) Master NUMBER ONE!
    Special Item : ... You know Anaka's item ;D
    Gender : Female Posts : 21
    Join date : 2010-07-18
    Age : 23

    Re: List of UTAUs?

    Post  annamaeblythe on Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:56 pm

    UtauReni wrote:As for the whole 'who has more utauloids' thing:
    We both have a lot.
    We both have famous utauloids that get more attention than not-famous utauloids.
    We sometimes forget that the utauloids from Japan that we see are the ones that are good enough to get reposted multiple times on YouTube... I'm certain that it's quite possible for there to be just as many -if not maybe more- utauloids on NND that simply never get seen by someone who would post the video onto YouTube.
    In summary: It's really rather impossible to say. The numbers are changing daily, anyway. Who has more utauloids shouldn't be something we waste so much worry and frustration on ^^;


    As for the plausibility of making the list:
    It would be a huge pain in everyone's asses. LOL especially because of the high risk of mixing up facts. We're only human, it's practically guarranteed that with the insane number of UTAUloids in existence, there would be mistakes. ^^; WHICH is why it would be nice for a large group (i.e. a forum) to work together. The benefit of making our own list would mean that we could organize it in a different way than the UTAU Wiki. It wouldn't give us the right to pick-and-choose which UTAUloid is deserving to be listed, but we could organize it in a specific way - i.e. by date of release, which I believe Mae suggested.


    Also, um, Mae...
    "My god, Can you get your facts straight for once?"
    Comments such as this are absolutely unnecessary, uncalled for, and just plain rude. Please refrain from speaking like this on the forum in the future ;_; There are much better ways to rephrase that. You could say "I disagree, actually. I did a little research, and found that, factually, ______." It would be more respectful that way, and the responses you would get, I can guarrantee, would be nothing less than equal in respect ^^ Just a heads up. Tryin to avoid some future debates her. Not liking the current morale of the forum, that's all. ^^;;

    1) I stalk Nico Video for new UTAUs occasionally. Meaning? I actually do see UTAUs that aren't reposted to Youtube. The consensus is basically that "Wow. Nico's loser UTAUs that get only a few views kick the overseas loser UTAUs who only get a few views' butts. By a freakin' lot."

    2) Picking and choosing? I want a full listing, plzkthnx.
    Truly, the only reason I want a list is so that I can turn UTAU into even more of a "trading card game." So I can check off who I have and who I don't have. There are the retired ones I'll never get, and the super rare ones you have to search blog posts for hours for. I mean, it sounds so fun.... And from random collecting, I know it is fun.

    3) I was reading her post as being equally mean, though. I apologize, but repeatedly stating things that are completely untrue and trying to pull them off as true just... ugh. Annoys me to no end?

    Sponsored content

    Re: List of UTAUs?

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:43 am