The Vocaloid Creativity Boards are a hub for not only Vocaloid fans, but especially people who produce Vocaloid and UTAU songs and fanart themselves and want to show and share. Use this as a platform for forming group projects and collaborative work!


    Under Appreciated UTAU Month?

    Share
    avatar
    annamaeblythe

    Rank : LOKEの娘
    I am a : Overseas (UTAU) Master NUMBER ONE!
    Special Item : ... You know Anaka's item ;D
    Gender : Female Posts : 21
    Join date : 2010-07-18
    Age : 23

    Under Appreciated UTAU Month?

    Post  annamaeblythe on Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:01 pm

    So, everyone probably knows how SRS (Her username in Youtube is a P name that she didn't earn ._. ) and I are, like, rivals or something.
    So, when she created "JULY IS UNDERAPPRECIATED UTAU MONTH", I thought it was a dumb idea.
    (Well, I pointed it out to the person who told me about it, "For me, EVERY month is under appreciated UTAU month!")

    However, today I was downloading UTAUs at random, and ran across an under-appreciated UTAU that I just love love loved. (Gin Rickey)
    (And, when I uploaded his OTO, the name for it was "(25) oto.ini", meaning I have configured well over 25 banks.)
    So I figured, "I'll show everyone who the most caring person in the overseas UTAU community is and use as many underappreciated UTAUs as I can before the month is over and I go back to school!"

    So far, I've used Yoko Itone and Gin Rickey. I'm not exactly sure how much else I can do, but I'm planning on at /least/ using two or three more so that I can have one video for each week in the month. (or something like that.)

    So, what have you done for "underappreciated UTAU month" C: ?
    avatar
    Paprika

    Rank : †Traitor to Heaven†
    I am a : Graphic Designer
    Special Item : The Mighty GIMP and a lazy Photoshop
    Gender : Male Posts : 20
    Join date : 2010-07-18
    Age : 24
    Location : Canada

    Re: Under Appreciated UTAU Month?

    Post  Paprika on Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:46 pm

    Asking me? D:

    I've done nothing. I don't use UTAU or Vocaloid Smile I'm only looking at Graphics side of things.

    As for yoooou.

    Good luck in your endeavors.
    avatar
    UtauReni

    Rank : Evil Scientist
    I am a : UTAU User, Vocaloid Fan
    Special Item : Yandere POWER!!
    Gender : Female Posts : 145
    Join date : 2010-06-23
    Age : 23
    Location : California, USA

    Re: Under Appreciated UTAU Month?

    Post  UtauReni on Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:13 pm

    annamaeblythe wrote:
    (Well, I pointed it out to the person who told me about it, "For me, EVERY month is under appreciated UTAU month!")

    THIS.


    I haven't done anything for 'under-appreciated UTAU month' mainly because i havent really recognized it.. something that SRS proclaims in one of her videos randomly isnt something i can take seriously ^^; but i do appreciate the gesture, i think its a good idea. i've also been terribly busy this month.. D:
    avatar
    Aerendyll

    Rank : UTAU nutcake
    I am a : Jack of all trades
    Special Item : Ace of Spades card
    Gender : Female Posts : 79
    Join date : 2010-07-17
    Age : 28
    Location : The Netherlands, Europe

    Re: Under Appreciated UTAU Month?

    Post  Aerendyll on Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:18 am

    UtauReni wrote:
    annamaeblythe wrote:
    (Well, I pointed it out to the person who told me about it, "For me, EVERY month is under appreciated UTAU month!")

    THIS.


    I haven't done anything for 'under-appreciated UTAU month' mainly because i havent really recognized it.. something that SRS proclaims in one of her videos randomly isnt something i can take seriously ^^; but i do appreciate the gesture, i think its a good idea. i've also been terribly busy this month.. D:

    How can you say that it's a dumb idea? A lot of people are still using just their own UTAUs or the UTAUs that are in their series or whatnot. At least SRS is trying to give a message to people that do NOT use under appreciated UTAUs.

    I think it's a bit easy to bash a plan just because you're already doing your best to promote UTAUs you like that are pretty unknown.

    That being said - if I wasn't so busy I'd put up my newest chorus, but I sadly don't have time for that at the moment... It has UTAUs in it that I really adore, but which don't get the attention they deserve. (As well as one that got abandoned... and I didn't know when making her sing. ^^; ) The song is done for like everything except the artwork... I just need inspiration. >_<;; *hates doing artwork since inspiration is terribly slow or there at inconvenient times*
    avatar
    annamaeblythe

    Rank : LOKEの娘
    I am a : Overseas (UTAU) Master NUMBER ONE!
    Special Item : ... You know Anaka's item ;D
    Gender : Female Posts : 21
    Join date : 2010-07-18
    Age : 23

    Re: Under Appreciated UTAU Month?

    Post  annamaeblythe on Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:47 am

    Aerendyll wrote:

    How can you say that it's a dumb idea? A lot of people are still using just their own UTAUs or the UTAUs that are in their series or whatnot. At least SRS is trying to give a message to people that do NOT use under appreciated UTAUs.

    I think it's a bit easy to bash a plan just because you're already doing your best to promote UTAUs you like that are pretty unknown.

    That being said - if I wasn't so busy I'd put up my newest chorus, but I sadly don't have time for that at the moment... It has UTAUs in it that I really adore, but which don't get the attention they deserve. (As well as one that got abandoned... and I didn't know when making her sing. ^^; ) The song is done for like everything except the artwork... I just need inspiration. >_<;; *hates doing artwork since inspiration is terribly slow or there at inconvenient times*

    Only using your UTAU and your friends' UTAUs is PERFECTLY fine.
    Especially in cases like "Skyloids", "UTAUxyz" (aside from random Japanese UTAUs and rare cases), and triphonic voicebanks that take a heck of a lot of time to make perfect.
    Sky and Myst aren't just making banks, they're making good USTs. The fact that they're using the banks from their series to make the USTs means that they spend more time with the banks to find the flaws they need to fix. That means the banks are of higher quality. That means that they'll end up being more appreciated.

    But, I wouldn't really know if it's as fun. I've literally used over 100 UTAUs. I even have a chorus to prove it orz

    (And, as a note, I can generally tell you why an Overseas bank is underappreciated if you give me a few videos and let me play with it. There's usually a logical reason. If there isn't from analyzing the bank, it could just be that the person posting didn't have enough of a following.)
    avatar
    Aerendyll

    Rank : UTAU nutcake
    I am a : Jack of all trades
    Special Item : Ace of Spades card
    Gender : Female Posts : 79
    Join date : 2010-07-17
    Age : 28
    Location : The Netherlands, Europe

    Re: Under Appreciated UTAU Month?

    Post  Aerendyll on Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:44 am

    @AnnaMaeBlythe: You're contradicting yourself. First you say it's a dumb idea, then you stick to it anyway and then it's suddenly perfectly fine to ignore promising newcomers? I'm sorry, but I don't get that logic.

    I know that using your own UTAU a lot can't be evaded to spot their mistakes. Same goes for your friends' UTAUs, to a lesser extend. But that doesn't really mean there's nothing wrong with ignoring all other UTAUs out there. Having one month where you put aside your own and promote the ones you love is actually something I can only encourage. (Again - this is something that doesn't apply to people who already use other people's UTAUs a lot.)

    I'm actually quite sick of people using the VIP UTAUs so much. Especially Teto and Ritsu. I mean, they're good, but we don't need them everywhere. The only VIP UTAU I ever used is Ruko and that was as a backup chorus.

    I'm not going to point out UTAUs for you so you can tell me why they are not popular. I know very well that a lot of people don't have enough time to perfect their UTAUs non-stop or have other hobbies as well. But even if I show people UTAUs that I think are under appreciated nobody seems to really care or look at them. When using them myself they at least try to give them a closer look.
    avatar
    annamaeblythe

    Rank : LOKEの娘
    I am a : Overseas (UTAU) Master NUMBER ONE!
    Special Item : ... You know Anaka's item ;D
    Gender : Female Posts : 21
    Join date : 2010-07-18
    Age : 23

    Re: Under Appreciated UTAU Month?

    Post  annamaeblythe on Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:33 am

    Aerendyll wrote:@AnnaMaeBlythe: You're contradicting yourself. First you say it's a dumb idea, then you stick to it anyway and then it's suddenly perfectly fine to ignore promising newcomers? I'm sorry, but I don't get that logic.

    I know that using your own UTAU a lot can't be evaded to spot their mistakes. Same goes for your friends' UTAUs, to a lesser extend. But that doesn't really mean there's nothing wrong with ignoring all other UTAUs out there. Having one month where you put aside your own and promote the ones you love is actually something I can only encourage. (Again - this is something that doesn't apply to people who already use other people's UTAUs a lot.)

    I'm actually quite sick of people using the VIP UTAUs so much. Especially Teto and Ritsu. I mean, they're good, but we don't need them everywhere. The only VIP UTAU I ever used is Ruko and that was as a backup chorus.

    I'm not going to point out UTAUs for you so you can tell me why they are not popular. I know very well that a lot of people don't have enough time to perfect their UTAUs non-stop or have other hobbies as well. But even if I show people UTAUs that I think are under appreciated nobody seems to really care or look at them. When using them myself they at least try to give them a closer look.

    Ignoring promising newcomers?
    I guess I am ignoring "promising newcomers", because I'm actually using banks that have been around for a pretty long time, but no one overseas ever pays attention to, downloads, or probably even knows exists.
    (I bet you've never even heard Coyote, Yawane Tsuzuru, or Gin Rickey.)
    Sure, I'm playing along with "user underappreciated UTAUs!" But here's the thing: It's a GOOD thing that other people don't put other UTAUs before their own all the time. Because if you don't put yours before others, you'll end up slopping together something barely decent and wondering why people never make anything with your UTAU. When you're working with a SERIES, you HAVE to put the series first. It's a whole line of UTAUs that needs to be in SHIPSHAPE, or you risk looking like a n00bbutt and the whole series getting ignored.

    "Having one whole month dedicated to using other people's UTAUs" probably sounds like a good idea, but it really isn't. If you hear a voice that you LOVE, you're actually likely to download it on the spot and use it as soon as you rip it out of the package. If you don't love the voice, you won't be so inclined to do well on the song. Therefore, just saying "Use UTAUs that you really like when you get the chance." is a much better philosophy.
    As I said, I'm doing this mostly to prove I care more about the UTAU Community than SRS, and to see how many videos I can make before the month is over. Not to promote underloved UTAUs. It's to test my limits.

    Ritsu? RITSU IS GOD QUALITY. I SWEAR.
    Use Ritsu right, and oooommmggg~~~!! He's so human and realistic and I am just IN LOVE!
    Teto is one of the most popular UTAUs, and she gets a LOT of updates and expansions and such and such. She even has a trilling R expansion pack or something! (And an expansion that makes her vowels trail off extra cute, like. So nice, so nice...)
    I'd rather people use Ritsu and Teto amazingly than some random UTAU I never heard of. Know why? High quality bank makes for high quality work.
    Use a UST with Strong Ritsu, and it sounds clear and fluid.
    Convert it to CV for a random overseas bank, and it just sounds weak, broken, and robotic in comparison. It's cute without Ritsu to compare it to, but it's just sad with Ritsu to compare it to.

    Actually, Japanese users don't have time to sit on their butts all day and UTAU. (Even if Ameya tweets about UTAU all day, apparently.)
    But do you know something? They make stuff that's amazing quality.
    Saying "Well, some people have jobs and other hobbies and stuff...!" doesn't really seem like a valid excuse to me. The Japanese can pull it off, and I'm pretty sure that they can pull it off amazingly.
    avatar
    UtauReni

    Rank : Evil Scientist
    I am a : UTAU User, Vocaloid Fan
    Special Item : Yandere POWER!!
    Gender : Female Posts : 145
    Join date : 2010-06-23
    Age : 23
    Location : California, USA

    Re: Under Appreciated UTAU Month?

    Post  UtauReni on Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:05 pm

    Aerendyll wrote:

    How can you say that it's a dumb idea? A lot of people are still using just their own UTAUs or the UTAUs that are in their series or whatnot. At least SRS is trying to give a message to people that do NOT use under appreciated UTAUs.

    I'm sorry if it sounded like i was calling it a dumb idea ^^;; i just meant that I hadn't recognized it as a community event. i thought of it more as something SRS wanted to do for her own channel.. since I didnt see any advertising or anything other than one announcement on one of her videos.. It just hadn't crossed my mind ^^;;; I think it's wonderful that SRS would try to broadcast such a message. Never thought it wasn't wonderful. Eheh x3



    Also... no fighting please Sad Everyone has a right to choose which UTAUloids they want to use and promote. If someone wants to stick to their own utauloid, let em, and if someone else wants to promote utauloids that are deserving of attention, thats fantastic, or if someone wants to use an already-famous utauloid, okey dokey. In the end, we're making music, contributing art to the world. It's an exercise of our creativity and imagination, really. ^^; I think that it's really important for everyone to join together and help each other out. One way we can do this is by exploring each other's voicebanks, and another way is by making the best work we can.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Under Appreciated UTAU Month?

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:46 am