Vocaloid Creativity Board

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Vocaloid Creativity Boards are a hub for not only Vocaloid fans, but especially people who produce Vocaloid and UTAU songs and fanart themselves and want to show and share. Use this as a platform for forming group projects and collaborative work!

+2
Rin Grim
Aerendyll
6 posters

UTAU mature and other content restrictions?

Aerendyll
    Aerendyll

I am a : Jack of all trades
    Special Item : Ace of Spades card

UTAU mature and other content restrictions? Empty UTAU mature and other content restrictions?

Post  Aerendyll Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:44 pm

I've seen a similar topic on a different forum and I thought it would be wise to start one here too in case people compose original songs for other people's UTAUs.

So, how do you feel about people using your UTAU in songs with touchy subjects?

Some subject examples:
    - alcohol/drugs use
    - sexual situations of any kind
    - racism and discrimination
    - shota/loli + adult romance
    - sexual orientations (not really mature content in my eyes, but mature content can link to it like e.g. yaoi or yuri)
    - religion
    - gore and explicit violence
    - etc.

If this topic is unwanted or against the yet-to-be-made-clear rules, please tell me! This topic can be locked or deleted at any time without me complaining. (Please send a personal message with the reason and such, though. I like to know why things happen so I can take those into account.)
    Rin Grim
    Rin Grim

I am a : Utau desiner and lyricist
    Special Item : Sythes

UTAU mature and other content restrictions? Empty Re: UTAU mature and other content restrictions?

Post  Rin Grim Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:01 pm

If someone used any of my UTAU's for any of those subjects, i guess depending on the song, I really don't know. I could car less about sexual anything, two of my UTAU's were kind of made to explore that. As for gore, well I really hate to see a picture of my UTAU with a graphic image of them with there guts showing that.
    Koda
    Koda

I am a : VOCALOID Producer who loves to collab
    Special Item : Big Al...the entire guy...right there in my pocket...yep.
    Location : Southern California, United States of America, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Some Galaxy-cluster

UTAU mature and other content restrictions? Empty Re: UTAU mature and other content restrictions?

Post  Koda Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:09 am

What will happen will happen whether it's allowed or not. I'm fully prepared to see and hear my UTAU do all sorts of things I would never dream of making him do. It all boils down to letting go of the idea that it's you the people are messing with, and realizing it's just a tool in the peoples' hands now.
    Aerendyll
    Aerendyll

Post  Aerendyll Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:29 am

Koda wrote:What will happen will happen whether it's allowed or not. I'm fully prepared to see and hear my UTAU do all sorts of things I would never dream of making him do. It all boils down to letting go of the idea that it's you the people are messing with, and realizing it's just a tool in the peoples' hands now.

Nevertheless, it IS in the rules of the UTAU software that people stick to the rules for specific voicebanks by their authors. I know you can't stop the internet from doing what the hell it wants, but at least you have something to fall back on when you say you don't approve of your UTAU singing certain songs.
    UtauReni
    UtauReni

I am a : UTAU User, Vocaloid Fan
    Special Item : Yandere POWER!!

Post  UtauReni Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:14 pm

As for any of the utauloids that I voice:
    I say GO FOR IT :3 all of those topics are really interesting to me. LOL

but as for the utauloids I produce that i -dont- voice (i.e. Mitsurune Saburo)...
    I think that as long as I am notified that they have been used for such, it should be fine. after all, like Koda said, they have been released to the internetz - very little control of em x3
    Rave
    Rave

I am a : UTAU producer, Artist
    Special Item : A Tazer

Post  Rave Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:46 pm

As long as you don't make my UTAU into a prostitute or turn her into hitler, I don't mind. (although someone already HAS portraid her as a slut and im still kind of mad about that, but oh well, they wont take it down, so the staff of the website are helping me with it)
    although I also understand what Kentai is saying, once it's out there, its out there, people are going to do stuff you don't like.
    Kentai-P
    Kentai-P
    Admin

I am a : Vocaloid Producer
    Special Item : Green hat (made from an actual blowable horn)
    Location : I am hiding in your closet. ... When was the last time you cleaned this place up?!

Post  Kentai-P Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:52 pm

Lol in the end UTAU designers are authors of some sort too.
    If you release your own original character onto the world as an author, you should do it knowing, that people may write fanfics about it, displaying your character in a way not originally intended, or even modify his/her personality.

however as an author you have a special connection to your character, so you will probably feel hurt if your character is displayed in a way that robs him/her of his/her dignity.

other than that I'd say the author isn't prepared, to accept that the world will bend his character into whatever damn form it wants.

It's a cruel place outside your room, especially if you have fantasy society can attack ^-^.

sy,
    Kentai
    Aerendyll
    Aerendyll

Post  Aerendyll Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:19 pm

Kentai-P wrote:Lol in the end UTAU designers are authors of some sort too.
    If you release your own original character onto the world as an author, you should do it knowing, that people may write fanfics about it, displaying your character in a way not originally intended, or even modify his/her personality.

however as an author you have a special connection to your character, so you will probably feel hurt if your character is displayed in a way that robs him/her of his/her dignity.

other than that I'd say the author isn't prepared, to accept that the world will bend his character into whatever damn form it wants.

It's a cruel place outside your room, especially if you have fantasy society can attack ^-^.

sy,
    Kentai

Well, I've been prepared for things to happen with Yuki and my other UTAUs... In fact, I don't expect people to keep their character as is, but I still don't want her to get abused for excessive gore, racism or sexual stuff that's just too disgusting. I can stand a little, but don't overdo it.

I myself portray my UTAUs as certain characters because that adds to the fun factor for me. However, I won't bite if you make her sing while not even depicting her and/or giving her any personality. (Like e.g. how some VOCALOIDs have sung about old tales without being depicted or involved in said tales.)

The only thing I'm really iffy about is that if you make Yuki a character, she has to be lesbian (or just not involved in romance). No exceptions. I'm a bit tired of the huge abundance of straight and gay characters while lesbians just don't seem very popular in UTAU... Makes me sadface. *can't shut up about that when the subject crosses her path*

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:28 am