Vocaloid Creativity Board

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Vocaloid Creativity Boards are a hub for not only Vocaloid fans, but especially people who produce Vocaloid and UTAU songs and fanart themselves and want to show and share. Use this as a platform for forming group projects and collaborative work!

4 posters

[Hatsune Miku] "I Love You, Forever and Ever"

Vai
    Vai

I am a : Vocaloid Producer and Yakuza Boss and Legend wannabe
    Special Item : Painting of a "Utopia"

[Hatsune Miku] "I Love You, Forever and Ever" Empty [Hatsune Miku] "I Love You, Forever and Ever"

Post  Vai Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:59 am

'kay, so this is our first song made by ME, Vai. Of course, being a first song it got issues. A lot of issues if I say so myself. Kind of disappointing for me, guh should have stayed with Trance. Why did I make a song other than Trance for heaven's sake??

Anyway, yeah, this is it:

AgentJ
    AgentJ

I am a : Future Vocaloid Producer =)

[Hatsune Miku] "I Love You, Forever and Ever" Empty Re: [Hatsune Miku] "I Love You, Forever and Ever"

Post  AgentJ Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:45 am

DistantUtopia wrote:'Why did I make a song other than Trance for heaven's sake??

Because most default plugin that come with FL studio are synth Wink
    Kentai-P
    Kentai-P
    Admin

I am a : Vocaloid Producer
    Special Item : Green hat (made from an actual blowable horn)
    Location : I am hiding in your closet. ... When was the last time you cleaned this place up?!

[Hatsune Miku] "I Love You, Forever and Ever" Empty Re: [Hatsune Miku] "I Love You, Forever and Ever"

Post  Kentai-P Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:31 am

For trance you can try Trance Gating with the Plugin "Gross Beat", which comes natively with FL Studio 9.

It is very powerfull and in addition to 3 preset trance gates, which are pretty good, you can also take them as an example to make your own trance gates.

Trance gated instruments also blend very well into a lot of non-trance songs, I always like to fiddle around with it a little.

I like the conscept of the song, though it shows through, that it is a first timer.
    As I said on the vid, you need to make Miku sing at a lower pitch, this is just too high for a whole song, also after a few songs, you may want to start thinking about Dynamics, I can probably help with that. (just started using them myself. the help ALOT)

Also don't worry:
    all that is missing or needs improvement in this song defineatly sounds to me like the kind of stuff that comes with time.

The more songs you make, the better it will get, sometimes the start is a bit bumpy.

sy,
    Kentai
    Vai
    Vai

Post  Vai Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:24 am

Yeah, the funny thing about this first song of mine is how I realized the use of such plu-ins AFTER I finished making the song. When making the song itself, I only use generators like Sytrus or FL Slayer. A big blunder that one. Bah!

Yeah, and I'll keep in mind not to use higher pitch for the entire song. Ah yes, the dynamics. I've watched a tutorial or two about them but I still haven't figured out the right way to use them. Any additional help would be very appreciated ^^

And yeah, I'll keep making songs, more and more of them. My target is pretty crazy after all, that is to actually rival Ryo of supercell. Hahaha.
    AgentJ
    AgentJ

Post  AgentJ Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:22 am

From what i read Supercell is a group of 11 persons with Ryo as the leader and their album is labeled by Sony Music Entertainement Japan. They also released a single with a Nico Nico Douga user as the vocal and the song is used in an anime as the ending theme Shocked

Ryo also composed most of sound track that you can hear in Black Rock Shooter OVA.

If you want my opinion that's quite serious business.
    Vai
    Vai

Post  Vai Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:27 am

Very serious. Most peoples acknowledge him as the current best Vocaloid producer. And I'm one of those peoples who think so, he's one very successful and talented Producer. What really leaves me in awe is how he is very recognized, even in the commercial world. He is like, already successful in leaving a mark in history.

But that's why my target is him. They say if you want a target, always aim for the highest, so I did. Just you see Ryo, I'm gonna take the first place from you one day! That's my dream!
    myu
    myu

I am a : Vocaloid Producer, Artist

Post  myu Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:36 am

This sounds pretty good for your first original. ^^

About dynamics. You can try to learn how to control them by singing the lyrics you are going to edit and listen very closely how your voice moves. After you have figured that out, it´s pretty easy to imitate those movements in Editor. You should also learn to control other parameters, they add great expression into the voice. It will take some time to learn how they work, but it´s definitely worth it. ^^
    Vai
    Vai

Post  Vai Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:42 am

Is that so? Hmm... Okay! Then my next step will be to learn the use of those parameters and use them in my next songs. And thanks for the tip, I never thought of trying to singing the lyrics myself before. I'll try that too. Thanks again! Smile
    AgentJ
    AgentJ

Post  AgentJ Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:34 am

yeah +1 for what myu said.

The parameters that have a direct incidence on the vocal track are Dynamic, Pitch, and Pitch Bend Sensitivity, use those to humanize vocaloid or to give manual vibration and accent , the other parameter have the same effect than an equalizer and it is also better to have a clean vocal from vocaloid since you always follow this process to produce music : Recording --> Mixing --> Mastering (we dont care about recording in this case but basically a record must sound full and clear of any air, crackle, white noise, backround noise, and of course dry)

And we are all new here so everyone can improve Wink
    Vai
    Vai

Post  Vai Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:31 am

Ok. Thanks a lot for pointing that out. I'm still having big problems with using dynamics and the other parameters.. But I'll just keep on using it until I get the hang of it ^^

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:38 am