Vocaloid Creativity Board

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Vocaloid Creativity Boards are a hub for not only Vocaloid fans, but especially people who produce Vocaloid and UTAU songs and fanart themselves and want to show and share. Use this as a platform for forming group projects and collaborative work!

2 posters

Te Buscare [UTAU original song feat. Camila Melodia]

Cristy
    Cristy

I am a : UTAU user and artist!
    Special Item : um um *thinks*

Te Buscare [UTAU original song feat. Camila Melodia] Empty Te Buscare [UTAU original song feat. Camila Melodia]

Post  Cristy Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:08 pm

Hello Smile Im here to post my first completed original song using as a voice the UTAU, Camila Melodia. well the melody isn't perfect, nor the voice but I did my best. Im curently sitill editing some stuff like the chorus that I din't like at all.
    If anyone would be kind enough to give some contructive critisisim I would be very happy!
    oh and for the record the song is in Spanish, but there is translation ^^
    Kentai-P
    Kentai-P
    Admin

I am a : Vocaloid Producer
    Special Item : Green hat (made from an actual blowable horn)
    Location : I am hiding in your closet. ... When was the last time you cleaned this place up?!

Te Buscare [UTAU original song feat. Camila Melodia] Empty Re: Te Buscare [UTAU original song feat. Camila Melodia]

Post  Kentai-P Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:25 am

I like it!

the music is reaally nice and frugal in a very good way, good job.
    Plus you had no reluctance to write more lyrics, hence denser melody which is something people often feel reallly uncomfortable with.

It also turned out quite OK, though the melody seems (unless my ears misguide me and they never do.) to miss the key at some times, meaning she is singing wrong notes.

Of course it seems preposterous to use the word 'wrong' notes, but as the head of the Music Theory Nerds I must point out, that if you use a scale in your song (people use scales. It's how music works), then those limit the use of notes in your song, there are notes that shouldn't be normally used, unless you built unusual functions or intended disharmonies, in 95% of popular music that is however never the case.

If you have problems hearing the out-of-scale notes, just built yourself a scale on the base tone of your song and then check the notes you had your utau sing in your utau editor and look, whether some of the notes are out of scale.

If there are none, there is another possible reason for this phenomenon:
    You used notes that are dissonant to the function that was played at that time.

In a song you use functions, those are chords built on the tones of your scale.
    Whether you have a major or minor scale decides which functions are major or minor.

If you have a current function played and melody tone is dissonant to the function chord it could possibly sound disharmonic when played.

I hope that could help a little.
    If you have problems with it, just ask further.

sy,
    Kentai
    Cristy
    Cristy

I am a : UTAU user and artist!
    Special Item : um um *thinks*

Te Buscare [UTAU original song feat. Camila Melodia] Empty Re: Te Buscare [UTAU original song feat. Camila Melodia]

Post  Cristy Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:50 pm

Kentai-P wrote:I like it!

the music is reaally nice and frugal in a very good way, good job.
    Plus you had no reluctance to write more lyrics, hence denser melody which is something people often feel reallly uncomfortable with.

It also turned out quite OK, though the melody seems (unless my ears misguide me and they never do.) to miss the key at some times, meaning she is singing wrong notes.

Of course it seems preposterous to use the word 'wrong' notes, but as the head of the Music Theory Nerds I must point out, that if you use a scale in your song (people use scales. It's how music works), then those limit the use of notes in your song, there are notes that shouldn't be normally used, unless you built unusual functions or intended disharmonies, in 95% of popular music that is however never the case.

If you have problems hearing the out-of-scale notes, just built yourself a scale on the base tone of your song and then check the notes you had your utau sing in your utau editor and look, whether some of the notes are out of scale.

If there are none, there is another possible reason for this phenomenon:
    You used notes that are dissonant to the function that was played at that time.

In a song you use functions, those are chords built on the tones of your scale.
    Whether you have a major or minor scale decides which functions are major or minor.

If you have a current function played and melody tone is dissonant to the function chord it could possibly sound disharmonic when played.

I hope that could help a little.
    If you have problems with it, just ask further.

sy,
    Kentai

Hello! thankx! im glad its not that bad the song XD yes and now that you point it out, the part that I had a really hard time with it was the melody, I tried to make the notes as best as possible to go with the song but I still need more practice. Thank you for the tips too! I'll keep them checked for the next song ^^

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:36 am