Vocaloid Creativity Board

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Vocaloid Creativity Boards are a hub for not only Vocaloid fans, but especially people who produce Vocaloid and UTAU songs and fanart themselves and want to show and share. Use this as a platform for forming group projects and collaborative work!

3 posters

Caution with MMD model editing!

Aerendyll
    Aerendyll

I am a : Jack of all trades
    Special Item : Ace of Spades card

Caution with MMD model editing! Empty Caution with MMD model editing!

Post  Aerendyll Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:05 am

I'm not sure who of you have heard, but I thought I'd post a warning about editing MMD models.

(If this isn't the right section, I apologize.)

There are a lot of Japanese MMD model creators out there that do NOT appreciate edits and/or redistribution of their (edited) models.

I'd put up a list here, but I'm not that deep into MMD and I don't know any specific names, aside from Nanami (meisjesbeeld.net).

You also have people like Anamaro that don't mind edits as much, but they DO request you to ask permission first!

And lastly, the only models of which I'm pretty sure you can edit them are the standard MMD models included in the MMD program itself.

So please, PLEASE, before you edit a model and make a video with it/redistribute, ask the author whether it's okay!

If you don't speak Japanese, try requesting help on the forums - some people here know some Japanese and might be able with helping you to contact the model creators.

I hope you all understand. I just don't want the reputation of non-Japanese MMD users to be harmed any further.
    Paprika
    Paprika

I am a : Graphic Designer
    Special Item : The Mighty GIMP and a lazy Photoshop

Caution with MMD model editing! Empty Re: Caution with MMD model editing!

Post  Paprika Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:22 pm

http://vocaloidotaku.net/index.php?/topic/396-mmd-model-rules/

This goes for ALL users of MMD.
    Many of us LOVE our models. I sure do!
    Many of us get our models from redistributed sites. Ie: Mediafire, 4Shared, Loda(? Can be considered.), Megaupload, etc.
    Many of the models we have are copyrighted! It is ILLEGAL to redistribute those models.
    Great examples of copyrighted models: Nanami, Piron, PON, ISAO.
    I'm not saying you can't edit models. You can always edit your models. Sometimes you CAN NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE (unless you're VERY ignorant of the MMD community) put it up for download. Ie: Using a part from a copyrighted model. However you may if you receive permission from that model creator.

You can check the copyrights via a translator. Google is nice, but it tends to lie. I'll post whatever somewhat reliable translators I find, here.
    Try this one: http://www.worldlingo.com/en/products_services/worldlingo_translator.html
    It doesn't have the detect language feature but it may be more accurate than Google.
    Or consult this thread!: http://vocaloidotaku.net/index.php?/topic/579-model-readme-translation-thread/

A great way to substitute from using copyrighted material is using Sketchup.
    (CarrieDenyes taught me this.) If you search YT for MMD Sketch Up then a tutorial on how to convert should be there and other links. (Too lazy. x,x *Shot!*)

MMDPolice of YT and DA are here to help cut down on redistribution.
    Both groups can be reached via links in my siggy, they're accessible via my profile.

Models that can be edited/redistributed:
    Animasa.
    Knuoko (All except Chen, Flandre, and Remilia.)
    LAT

Need permission(Edit's redis.):
    C'mell
    Piron
    Enamel Toybox

Can edit, no redis."
    ----

No edits/redis.
    Sayaka Project(Kakomiki)
    Nanami
    Saboten

It is PERFECTLY ok to make a model for PERSONAL use. You can give out your model, if it is a copyright or non, your choice, to a FEW TRUSTWORTHY friends. Mainly, I do this because one, I don't trust people with my babies. And two, I just don't want to get into trouble.

(From Fullmikku)
    He said:
    "In Japan when we want to redistribute a model that doesn't have a note of caution
    we contact the author or give up"
    Basically, if you don't know, get in contact with the original author anyways, even if you can.

Remember, many of the model makers can't reply to your permission pleas. This is because they can't speak English! Before you finish sending, be sure to throw your message into a translator!

I hope this clears a few things up, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

In a tin can. The huge MMD community drama is retarded in my opinion... Completely overblown.
    Kentai-P
    Kentai-P
    Admin

I am a : Vocaloid Producer
    Special Item : Green hat (made from an actual blowable horn)
    Location : I am hiding in your closet. ... When was the last time you cleaned this place up?!

Post  Kentai-P Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:49 pm

Stickied.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:37 pm