Vocaloid Creativity Board

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Vocaloid Creativity Boards are a hub for not only Vocaloid fans, but especially people who produce Vocaloid and UTAU songs and fanart themselves and want to show and share. Use this as a platform for forming group projects and collaborative work!

2 posters

Get your ears trained for music

AgentJ
    AgentJ

I am a : Future Vocaloid Producer =)

Get your ears trained for music Empty Get your ears trained for music

Post  AgentJ Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:41 am

I was looking for some tutorial about chord progression and composition for
    keyboardist and noticed this site that give a very nice approach to make music.

http://www.playpianotoday.com

More specifically it is their program "Ear training 101" that i noticed, it helps your ear to get trained for music. Sometimes when i build chord progression, i always find some difficulties to get some minor chord going or in which direction chord
    must go (ya i try to not follow the overused I-IV-V progression :/ )

Ear Training 101

Hope this, can help you aspiring composers in some ways

(by the way according to the program i suck completely hahaha )
    UtauReni
    UtauReni

I am a : UTAU User, Vocaloid Fan
    Special Item : Yandere POWER!!

Get your ears trained for music Empty Re: Get your ears trained for music

Post  UtauReni Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:04 pm

:O what a great resource!! I did a lot of ear training in my music theory course, and it helps a LOT. It will definitely help all the aspiring composers here in this forum!! x3

I feel the need to contribute one of my favorite resources... there's a website called www.musictheory.net that has a bunch of excersises for learning basic music theory. I think it would be a good start for people who don't know some of the fine details of theory and would like to know the mechanics 8D I still go back to that website to practice memorizing key signatures x3 ./shot