Vocaloid Creativity Board

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Vocaloid Creativity Boards are a hub for not only Vocaloid fans, but especially people who produce Vocaloid and UTAU songs and fanart themselves and want to show and share. Use this as a platform for forming group projects and collaborative work!

2 posters

Cover art for Atomic Winter

Kentai-P
    Kentai-P
    Admin

I am a : Vocaloid Producer
    Special Item : Green hat (made from an actual blowable horn)
    Location : I am hiding in your closet. ... When was the last time you cleaned this place up?!

Cover art for Atomic Winter Empty Cover art for Atomic Winter

Post  Kentai-P Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:02 am

So, to start up this new area, whoms lack was already bothering some people (sorry folks >.<), I'll just post the cover art for my second album "Atomic Winter".

here it is:
    Click to view the image

hope you like it.

sy,
    Kentai
    Paprika
    Paprika

I am a : Graphic Designer
    Special Item : The Mighty GIMP and a lazy Photoshop

Cover art for Atomic Winter Empty Re: Cover art for Atomic Winter

Post  Paprika Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:15 pm

Original art is awesome! And BTW, I'm looking for original Art to put into the VO Greatest Hits 4 Video.

Submit at will.

As for Atomic Winter... Want a critique on that? Very Happy
    Kentai-P
    Kentai-P
    Admin

Location : I am hiding in your closet. ... When was the last time you cleaned this place up?!

Post  Kentai-P Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:44 pm

Well sure. But beware: I know that it's super unclean outline.
    reason: I didn't have a graphic tablet, when I made it.

sy,
    Kentai
    Paprika
    Paprika

I am a : Graphic Designer
    Special Item : The Mighty GIMP and a lazy Photoshop

Post  Paprika Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:51 pm

Talking about colours. And typography.

Yellow and blue are good contrasting colours, but again, you have two strong colours competing for attention, and being the brighter colour, yellow immediately attracts your eye... Drawing attention away from the text. Lessen the saturation on it and make it brighter, because a pale yellow looks just as well.

Also, the placement of objects give it a mixed feeling. Looking at it and trying to understand the picture, I can't find any sort of logical place to put the characters. For example, I have no idea where Miku on the top left is, nor how it ties to the rest of the pictures and the ruined buildings.
    The Miku on the bottom is in strange position (also remember to keep the same perspective when drawing each portion of the picture) relative to the buildings right behind her. Images need to have flow, and the direction that each part is pointing mixes it up and makes it visually confusing.

From what I see, starting at the top left, my eyes look down and slightly to the left seeing Miku and being lead into a corner with nothing. Looking at the center just brings the text, the big Miku and a blank box. Looking down spots Miku again which leads me right back to the bottom left corner with the nothing. The right side looks fine with the detail but the perspective makes it slightly confusing.

A suggestion with text for future albums, is to make the text less of a focal point for the image, and more working alongside the image and the pieces inside. Use it to guide the eye and keep the picture in a flow. For the current image, the text is actually in a good spot. Anywhere else would unbalance it, and it has an effect of tying together the bits of the scene that wouldn't normally be related.

if you want to be creative next time, try a black and white background, with only the main character coloured. You can give life to only certain aspects and colour them. It'll be easier and just as nice looking.
    Kentai-P
    Kentai-P
    Admin

Post  Kentai-P Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:35 pm

Well a downside was that I didn't draw 'this cover'. More that I used art I already had drawn for different songs within the album and made a montage, hence the contrast in the different elements.

the overpowering presence of the text with the blue and the yellow glow is intentional, as it seems like a thorn inside of the image, flowing with the overall theme of 'Atomic Winter', plus it combines the two words: Blue for winter and yellow for radiation (I know that it is technically green, but I feel a stronger association with the color yellow.).

On the bottom right Miku is leaning against a skyscraper wall with her back.

sy,
    Kentai

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 3:35 am