Vocaloid Creativity Board

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Vocaloid Creativity Boards are a hub for not only Vocaloid fans, but especially people who produce Vocaloid and UTAU songs and fanart themselves and want to show and share. Use this as a platform for forming group projects and collaborative work!

+2
Kentai-P
UtauReni
6 posters

【UTAU】Disappearance of Acme Iku -DEAD END- (English Subtitles & MP3) 【PV】

UtauReni
    UtauReni

I am a : UTAU User, Vocaloid Fan
    Special Item : Yandere POWER!!

【UTAU】Disappearance of Acme Iku -DEAD END- (English Subtitles & MP3) 【PV】 Empty 【UTAU】Disappearance of Acme Iku -DEAD END- (English Subtitles & MP3) 【PV】

Post  UtauReni Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:48 pm

I know I only just uploaded this video today... but I've been working on this video for at least 2 months! It's the most complex video I've ever made from both a visual and audio perspective xD I'd like to hear everyone's opinions of the PV so I know whether or not to tackle more projects of this magnitude again in the future x3
    Kentai-P
    Kentai-P
    Admin

I am a : Vocaloid Producer
    Special Item : Green hat (made from an actual blowable horn)
    Location : I am hiding in your closet. ... When was the last time you cleaned this place up?!

【UTAU】Disappearance of Acme Iku -DEAD END- (English Subtitles & MP3) 【PV】 Empty Re: 【UTAU】Disappearance of Acme Iku -DEAD END- (English Subtitles & MP3) 【PV】

Post  Kentai-P Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:23 am

wow me like =O

I would say I couldn't even imagine how much work you spent on this, but as a matter of fact I can very very well imagine how much work you put in this, so yeah: damn, me like ^-^

I am very convonced by the image-effects you used (mainly the old television effects) and especially the fact, that you didn't use the same setting over and over, but changed it each time.
    Plus the motion paths are well chosen and contribute to the drama.

Oh and did you draw all the pictures yourself or only some?

The Music I suppose was a instrumental you got before?

The Singing was astounding. I am not sure which effects you used in the end, but they work extremely well for this song. Plus I could hear that you didn't just input jibberish, but the real lyrics that are also written in the translation and then manipulated the voice, as I heard the corresponding japanese in some of the lines. Of course most of the lines were next to impossible to understand, as that is the nature of this song.

I must say, I never really appreciated the 'Dissappereance' songs, but this one turned out damn nice.

Also the nature of the equalizing shrouds the fact extremely that it is performed by an UTAU.

sy,
    Kentai
    UtauReni
    UtauReni

【UTAU】Disappearance of Acme Iku -DEAD END- (English Subtitles & MP3) 【PV】 Empty Re: 【UTAU】Disappearance of Acme Iku -DEAD END- (English Subtitles & MP3) 【PV】

Post  UtauReni Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:37 pm

Thank you very much Kentai-P!! Hearing your feedback is very inspiring and it's an honour to hear that you enjoyed my video :3 <3

Kentai-P wrote:Oh and did you draw all the pictures yourself or only some?

I'm very lucky to be able to say that I received the help of many incredible artists. I can't draw D: so I asked some friends of mine who have amazing talent for drawing (either traditionally or digitally) and they were very eager to help. I couldn't have made the video without them!! <3 (of course, some images, such as Chaosmaid and Nightmaid, belong to their original japanese creators)

Kentai-P wrote:The Music I suppose was a instrumental you got before?

Yeppers - KatoKou included an instrumental with the .ust, and he also included his Defoko cover, which I used at the very end for 'An irreversable error has occured'.

Kentai-P wrote:Of course most of the lines were next to impossible to understand, as that is the nature of this song.

I can also blame Iku for that =w= she's a tricky one, indeed. but, as many have said, her emotional voice adds a lot to the song that was not present with Hatsune Miku. That was the main reason I chose to make this video - I felt Iku deserved to give her own interpretation of this song. <3
    Koda
    Koda

I am a : VOCALOID Producer who loves to collab
    Special Item : Big Al...the entire guy...right there in my pocket...yep.
    Location : Southern California, United States of America, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Some Galaxy-cluster

Post  Koda Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:59 pm

You know what? I've heard a LOT of Disappearance of Hatsune Miku covers, and I've heard my fair share of Acme Iku covers, and I can safely say that this really stood out to me.

I don't know if it's how you planned it, but this song was absolutely the perfect choice for Maidloid to dub. In my opinion, no VOCALOID or UTAU singing this song has ever been able to convey the emotion that the lyrics and musical style warrant until now. That fact that Iku was meant to make passionate audio is as the perfect way to show that, and I think that was really fortuitous.

I feel like I just heard the song for the first time, as if this were how it was supposed to be sung from the start.

That being said, I'd like to point out that some of the vocal lines came in a bit to early. I know that using Maidloid/Acme Iku's UTAU is really tough, but with a difficult voice comes the responsibility of making it sound just as good as the others. I'm sure that even a program as simple as Audacity could be all you needed to re-align some of those lyrics so they sound natural and driving.

To sum up my thoughts of this cover, where can I get the MP3?
    UtauReni
    UtauReni

Post  UtauReni Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:27 pm

Wow! Thank you very much ^^ I'm glad that Iku's rendition was able to change your opinion of this song. It's always encouraging and inspiring to hear how my work affects others x3 <3

Koda wrote:I'd like to point out that some of the vocal lines came in a bit to early. I know that using Maidloid/Acme Iku's UTAU is really tough, but with a difficult voice comes the responsibility of making it sound just as good as the others. I'm sure that even a program as simple as Audacity could be all you needed to re-align some of those lyrics so they sound natural and driving.

I was bothered by that as well, for the singing parts.. I found that due to the nature of her oto.ini and the .ust, some phonemes cut into previous phonemes. In retrospect, there was a lot I could and should have done to fix that, but I didn't think much of it at the time. For the talky bits, too, I could/should have timed it up next to the original to make sure it corresponded correctly. Again, a bit of a mistake on my part ^^; oh well, I learned quite a bit from this, and I know that now I can do an ever more accurate job in the future! especially with my newfound experience with Iku's bank ^^

Koda wrote:To sum up my thoughts of this cover, where can I get the MP3?

Right here! ^^ http://www.mediafire.com/?fywwhwwnhwm
    Melodicanth
    Melodicanth

I am a : Sugar cookie and a rabid APH fan. Oh, you meant skills? Artist/lyricist/budding music maker.
    Special Item : Peppermints and Chili! ...No, not together!

Post  Melodicanth Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:32 pm

Amazing. Absolutely amazing.

I am SO downloading that MP3. Very Happy
    Mooncrafter
    Mooncrafter

I am a : an artist, who hopes to someday be an UTAU producer!
    Special Item : Zodiac Wheel

Post  Mooncrafter Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:17 am

I must say, I never thought I'd hear something from Acme Iku that I'd like over other UTAUloids!

This makes me want to add some sounds like Iku's to my UTAUloids bank for screams. She's got far more emotion on the "Utai Utai" than Miku does IMHO.

Bravo~
    |-| |ミ |\|
    |-| |ミ |\| "|" /-\ | -[]D

I am a : []D-Ranked Doujin Typesetter
    Special Item : That big []D next to me

Post  |-| |ミ |\| "|" /-\ | -[]D Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:38 am

My most favoritest work evah!
    You are a God amongst men!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:43 am