Vocaloid Creativity Board

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Vocaloid Creativity Boards are a hub for not only Vocaloid fans, but especially people who produce Vocaloid and UTAU songs and fanart themselves and want to show and share. Use this as a platform for forming group projects and collaborative work!

2 posters

Agent J

AgentJ
    AgentJ

I am a : Future Vocaloid Producer =)

Agent J Empty Agent J

Post  AgentJ Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:27 am

Well my real name is John, and i am french from New-Caledonia.

For school stuff my studies are mainly around computer sciences(programming simple script, managing a network, administring servers etc...)

How i knew about vocaloid ?
    Kinda funny heh. At the beggining i wanted to learn to draw and i bought a graphic tablet. Then i was looking for some awsome CG draw video and then it is how i learnt about vocaloid. I was frustrated because the tablet i bought has a really bad precision (if you want quality graphic tablet just buy WACOM tablets), and then i decided to switch to music production instead knowing that Vocaloid can provide the main instrument of music which is vocal Very Happy.

Well i am still experimenting with vocaloid and the different task linked to music production mainly EQ and compression (these 2 imo it is almost an art to get them right).

Also i dont know japanese, thats probably the main reason i am not composing anything, hope to find someone to collaborate with to do the lyric arrangement.
    The other reason that i am not composing yet is i am still collecting sound banks and vst instrument that sound good to me (maybe ill just get all EWQL products they all sound amazing !)

This project site is great Kentai, it is the iniative that i was waiting for. Hope we will see more people in the future.

I think i covered everything so i am looking forward for collab work and hope we can make stuff as good as the japanese producers one day.

Peace.
    Kentai-P
    Kentai-P
    Admin

I am a : Vocaloid Producer
    Special Item : Green hat (made from an actual blowable horn)
    Location : I am hiding in your closet. ... When was the last time you cleaned this place up?!

Agent J Empty Re: Agent J

Post  Kentai-P Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:34 am

first of all thanks for the praise and welcome to the community!

I am very glad to see that fresh producers find their way here, because this place should not only be for displaying oneself and making groups, but also for sharing knowledge and experience and let the more experienced producers and artists render help to the newer ones.

Be sure to check out my Vocatuts, they cover already quit a bit about rewiring vocaloid into fruity loops and how to equalize it there. As I hopefully got it right from your earlier comment on Quasar Infinity, you also use FL Studio.

As for Japanese lyrics, I am sure there will be lots of chances to colaborate on that, as lyricists are more common than composers, at least in my experience.
    I may be able to lend you a hand there as well.

Oh and be sure to join the right groups under 'UserGroups' so the rest of the community can identify your areas of expertise better.

I suppose in your case that would be 'Vocaloid Producer'.

sy,
    Kentai

PS:
    Oh that reminds me to create a Group for lyricists =D
    AgentJ
    AgentJ

Post  AgentJ Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:23 am

Kentai-P wrote:
    Be sure to check out my Vocatuts, they cover already quit a bit about rewiring vocaloid into fruity loops and how to equalize it there. As I hopefully got it right from your earlier comment on Quasar Infinity, you also use FL Studio.

Yep i checked all your tutorial vids already (especially the one About Rewiring vocaloid through FL studio :p)
    And for now i use FL studio because i dont have a midi keyboard yet and FL studio
    is more easy to use with just a mouse. But if i acquire a midi keyboard, ill use Cubase 5 which is better imo for midi control and stuff since everything is built in.

On FL studio you need to 1st set the midi out Plugin then link it to your vst instrument to have some midi control going which is a bit painfull (i dont see myself setting 30 midi out channel lol)
    Kentai-P
    Kentai-P
    Admin

Location : I am hiding in your closet. ... When was the last time you cleaned this place up?!

Post  Kentai-P Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:01 am

Are you compiling your songs as midis, or what? Because I wouldn't really get the point of doing that^^

I guess you whether you use a midi keyboard or preset plugins and generators really just depends on whether you want to make the song accompaniment live or not, I mean: I manage just fine with the good old piano roll interface and my ears.

You can always compose your patterns/themes live and then put them into notation or in other words input them into your midi roll interface.
    It is a rather inuitive interface in my opinion, so there should be no problem.
    And you can always transcribe your compositions into notation first and then transform the notes into a piano roll score for fruity loops.

sy,
    Kentai
    AgentJ
    AgentJ

Post  AgentJ Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:10 am

Kentai-P wrote:Are you compiling your songs as midis, or what? Because I wouldn't really get the point of doing that^^

hehe midi data doesnt consist of only note and velocity Wink

And ya with some sound librairies you will need control on the modulation wheel, sustain pedal because the sound will change according to these midi data. Afterward to control these data on FL studio you just right click the controler you want and select create automation clip, mess around with the automation clip and paste it on your playlist windows.

By example : i have a violin bank that use a crossfade from sustain to tremolo
    if i let the "modulation wheel" all the way down it plays a sustain note but if i push it all the way up it will play a tremolo.

Main midi control i am using are mod wheel, after touch, pitch bend, expression
    and velocity of course Very Happy
    Kentai-P
    Kentai-P
    Admin

Post  Kentai-P Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:16 am

personally I'd do all of that manually through the fruity loops mixer board and automatation.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 3:08 pm