Vocaloid Creativity Board

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Vocaloid Creativity Boards are a hub for not only Vocaloid fans, but especially people who produce Vocaloid and UTAU songs and fanart themselves and want to show and share. Use this as a platform for forming group projects and collaborative work!

3 posters

What the hell do those settings do?

Aerendyll
    Aerendyll

I am a : Jack of all trades
    Special Item : Ace of Spades card

What the hell do those settings do? Empty What the hell do those settings do?

Post  Aerendyll Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:15 pm

I mean the ones in the black area with the coloured graphs in the bottom of the VOCALOID2 editor. I figured out Dynamics, Gender, Velocity and Pitch, but what about the others?
    Kentai-P
    Kentai-P
    Admin

I am a : Vocaloid Producer
    Special Item : Green hat (made from an actual blowable horn)
    Location : I am hiding in your closet. ... When was the last time you cleaned this place up?!

What the hell do those settings do? Empty Re: What the hell do those settings do?

Post  Kentai-P Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:06 pm

I call them useless, boríng and crap Surprised

no insult to them intended, but I would almost never use them, most of what they do, I can do better with actual equalizing and very few vocaloids need those values edited, at least I think that.

Some people may beg to differ.
    possibly Koda, though I have no idea about his relation to vocaloid editor dynamics.

Your most important settings are velocity and dynamic.

and pitchbend can be pretty usefull to, if used correctly.

Breathy and Clearness do in my opinion tend to lower the voice quality.

sy,
    Kentai
    AgentJ
    AgentJ

I am a : Future Vocaloid Producer =)

What the hell do those settings do? Empty Re: What the hell do those settings do?

Post  AgentJ Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:24 pm

- Brightness : it increase vocal clarity, increasing it also increase volume basically it is like an EQ effect
    - Clearness : it increase the treble range of the vocal, this is also an EQ effect too much is harsh (especially on HI-FI monitors)
    - Breathyness : like its name suggest it increase the air of the voice to make it breathy like you would with an EQ by increasing around 12k Hz
    - Opening : control the opening of the mouth too low sound ultra honky, just leave it at 127 in my opinion
    - Portamento Timing: adjust the portamento staring position, portamento is a music articulation most of the time performed by vocals and string instrument, basically it is like a slide on a guitar, when playing 2 notes you slightly switch to the 2nd one in a smooth way, the goal of this articulation is to remove the attack on the 2nd note.
    - Pitch Bend sensitivity : it adjust the rate of your pitch setting, high setting make vocaloid read the pitch setting faster making it very sensitive to little pitch shift

Basically you only want to mess up with DYN, PIT and PBS maybe GEN for formant change (for harmonic by example)

DYN help to humanize the vocal
    PIT help to give some accent or to input manual vibratio ( try to trace a sinus wave like form)or to remove some nuissance
    PBS will control the rate of the pitch ( make it a bit higher like 4 or 5 if you want a manual vibratio going)
    Kentai-P
    Kentai-P
    Admin

I am a : Vocaloid Producer
    Special Item : Green hat (made from an actual blowable horn)
    Location : I am hiding in your closet. ... When was the last time you cleaned this place up?!

Post  Kentai-P Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:32 am

good job.

as for the rest, use a 7 band equalizer.

sy,
    Kentai

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 12:40 am