Vocaloid Creativity Board

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Vocaloid Creativity Boards are a hub for not only Vocaloid fans, but especially people who produce Vocaloid and UTAU songs and fanart themselves and want to show and share. Use this as a platform for forming group projects and collaborative work!

+3
Vai
Kentai-P
Comic Book Girl
7 posters

Hmmm

Comic Book Girl
    Comic Book Girl

I am a : Singer, Songwriter, and more importantly an Artist!
    Special Item : A polka dot pencil

Hmmm Empty Hmmm

Post  Comic Book Girl Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:52 pm

I was thinking, why doesn't western mainstream culture pay attention to western/English speaking producers?
    Here is what I think:
    1.) English producers are heavily over-shadowed by Japanese producers.
    2.) Producers are automatically associated with wapanese otaku nerds, which is a turn-off for a lot of mainstream-oriented people. (ugh.)
    3.)There is not enough pop/hip-hop music being created

Solutions:
    1.) Try to be more impressive than the Japanese producers.
    2.) Distance ourselves from the Japanese community.
    2.) Make more pop music. Although I don't think I feel comefortable pressureing people to make more Pop music its just wrong. In so many ways.

Ps,
    I like Pop/Mainstream music in fact, I pretty much like every genre out there.
    Kentai-P
    Kentai-P
    Admin

I am a : Vocaloid Producer
    Special Item : Green hat (made from an actual blowable horn)
    Location : I am hiding in your closet. ... When was the last time you cleaned this place up?!

Hmmm Empty Re: Hmmm

Post  Kentai-P Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:49 am

true, I'd have to agree on that.

However I myself I'm a Wapanese Otaku who wants to become respected in both western and japanese community xD

sy,
    Kentai
    Vai
    Vai

I am a : Vocaloid Producer and Yakuza Boss and Legend wannabe
    Special Item : Painting of a "Utopia"

Post  Vai Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:16 am

Just like what Kentai said. I most of the time feels like I want to be famous all around, both in the Western and Japanese community.

But while what you said in point 2 and 3 are more easily applied, point 1 sounds a bit too hard to make true. And even point 2 is already pulling the line a lot because many of us always are, directly or indirectly and on purpose or not on purpose, drawn to our Japanese counterpart...
    Kentai-P
    Kentai-P
    Admin

Location : I am hiding in your closet. ... When was the last time you cleaned this place up?!

Post  Kentai-P Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:09 am

ehehe.... *hides japanese flag behind back* *T-shirt says: Ryo-sama parked his behind on this t-shirt, after I snuck it onto his chair on a reception and then swiped it back, when it was over, I will bever wash this again.*
    Comic Book Girl
    Comic Book Girl

Post  Comic Book Girl Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:25 pm

Just like what Kentai said. I most of the time feels like I want to be famous all around, both in the Western and Japanese community.

But while what you said in point 2 and 3 are more easily applied, point 1 sounds a bit too hard to make true. And even point 2 is already pulling the line a lot because many of us always are, directly or indirectly and on purpose or not on purpose, drawn to our Japanese counterpart...
    Yeah #2 is pushing it... sorry pluse I don't think I want to do that I LOVE BEING NERDY! Very Happy #1 is wishful thinking... and a hell load of optimism so you know...
    Vai
    Vai

I am a : Vocaloid Producer and Yakuza Boss and Legend wannabe
    Special Item : Painting of a "Utopia"

Post  Vai Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:24 pm

Well, if point 1 can be made into a reality, it would be the greatest achievement for Western producer community. But since it sounds "Dude, that's impossible", then I suppose we should just make that dream into something like a motivational booster eh?^^

Anyway, point 2 makes me realize how angry I am at those who think we're weirdos just because we use Vocaloid. Got a lot of such peoples around ya know >.>"
    Comic Book Girl
    Comic Book Girl

Post  Comic Book Girl Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:01 pm

Vai wrote:Well, if point 1 can be made into a reality, it would be the greatest achievement for Western producer community. But since it sounds "Dude, that's impossible", then I suppose we should just make that dream into something like a motivational booster eh?^^

Anyway, point 2 makes me realize how angry I am at those who think we're weirdos just because we use Vocaloid. Got a lot of such peoples around ya know >.>"

1.)I like the motivational poster idea! I'm making one now! LETS ALL DO ONE! Very Happy
    2.)Maybe its not impossible surpass the Japanese community, we can always try...
    3.)Oh tell me about! Vocaloid has its own Encyclopedia Dramatica page. On a more personal level, the popular crowd at my school ridicules people that simply like something non-mainstream its disgusting.
    Kentai-P
    Kentai-P
    Admin

Post  Kentai-P Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:13 am

2.)Maybe its not impossible surpass the Japanese community, we can always try...

what the heck are you people talking about?
    they are musicians, we are musicians. How does the fact, that they are japanese make them better at it?

they have a cultural advantage in the regard of support and fandom, which also increases the drag for improvement.

That however does in no way mean, that they are like unatainably better than us. Thats just quitter talk.

sy,
    Kentai
    UtauReni
    UtauReni

I am a : UTAU User, Vocaloid Fan
    Special Item : Yandere POWER!!

Post  UtauReni Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:38 am

@Kentai I'm coming into the conversation a little late but I think what she was implying is that the japanese have gotten a head-start on Vocaloid so they have an advantage there xD I don't think she was referring to japanese musicians across the board
    Utaenai
    Utaenai

I am a : a Vocaloid fan with no creativity
    Special Item : Noob Certificate (NC)

Post  Utaenai Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:30 pm

I think we need something like "Weekly Engloid Ranking" to make people pay more attention to English songs. Most non-Japanese producers post their songs to YouTube, so they won't appear on "Weekly Vocaloid Ranking" which covers only Nico Nico Douga.

Actually I tried to make an all-time ranking of Engloid songs on YouTube, but it was too hard to gather statistics on original songs because there were too many cover songs and reprints from NND. On NND, producers put "original" to the titles of their videos and people can easily know whether it's an original song or not. VocaRan includes cover songs but if we used the same rule, the ranking would be occupied by cover songs.

I saw a similar topic on VO but...too many cover songs and few original songs Sad
    Armageddon11
    Armageddon11

I am a : .... *shrugs*
    Special Item : Milk. Pocky. Blood Sword.

Post  Armageddon11 Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:43 pm

I think we need something like "Weekly Engloid Ranking" to make people pay more attention to English songs

I think that's a pretty awesome idea, potential problems aside. We could have someone in charge of making those once a method of efficiently tracking down original Engloid songs is established. Go for it!

Last edited by Armageddon11 on Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo.)
    Comic Book Girl
    Comic Book Girl

Post  Comic Book Girl Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:49 pm

@Kentai I'm coming into the conversation a little late but I think what she was implying is that the japanese have gotten a head-start on Vocaloid so they have an advantage there xD I don't think she was referring to japanese musicians across the board
    Yeah that was what I was trying to say. Sorry for the confusion. Should've worded that a bit better.
    I think we need something like "Weekly Engloid Ranking" to make people pay more attention to English songs
    I agree with Armageddon11 its a pretty awesome idea! ^^

Last edited by Comic Book Girl on Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo.sorry.)
    Kentai-P
    Kentai-P
    Admin

Post  Kentai-P Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:57 pm

Kay, that sounds really neat Very Happy

the board and the upcomming HP would be the perfect platforms for spearheading such a ranking system.

Of course the actual ranking would then be uploaded on a VCC Youtube account.

sy,
    Kentai
    Aerendyll
    Aerendyll

I am a : Jack of all trades
    Special Item : Ace of Spades card

Post  Aerendyll Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:10 pm

#2 from the opening post seems like the most stupid idea ever. DON'T DISTANCE YOURSELF FROM JAPAN. Most VOCALOID listeners LOVE Japan (or at least anime/manga), so I think the problem is rather that they like Japanese so much that they only like Japanese songs...

@UTAUReni: Don't forget that the first VOCALOID was Leon. He was released with English software, so technically speaking the west had a head-start. It's just that VOCALOID didn't take off in the west before the east made a hype out of Miku.

Also, some other things that make the west ignorant: most VOCALOID fans get exposed to Miku, the Kagamines or Kaito first. That's right - they learn about the English VOCALOIDs later IF THEY LEARN ABOUT THEM AT ALL. I've met VOCALOID cosplayers that are all "...what's a SweetAnn?" when I talk about the English VOCALOIDs. They just... don't know them well, if at all.

And one final thing: you can get a Nico account with ease, if you're willing to search for tutorials on YouTube. It's really just a matter of Google Translating everything. (I managed to do it without a tutorial! Legasp!) So please don't come crying to me you can't get on Nico - there's plenty of ways to get there.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 4:24 am