Vocaloid Creativity Board

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Vocaloid Creativity Boards are a hub for not only Vocaloid fans, but especially people who produce Vocaloid and UTAU songs and fanart themselves and want to show and share. Use this as a platform for forming group projects and collaborative work!

5 posters

Doing things in the wrong order

myu
    myu

I am a : Vocaloid Producer, Artist

Doing things in the wrong order Empty Doing things in the wrong order

Post  myu Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:26 am

This should have been my first post here, but oh well... Better late than never, right? ^^;

Let´s start this introduction by telling how I first learned about Vocaloid. It happened some years ago when Miku was just released and she was a hot topic in anime blogger scene where I belonged back then. I read many articles about her, but I wasn´t interested about the whole thing before Kagamines were released and I saw Alice Human Sacrifice. After that I was hooked. At first I translated song lyrics into Finnish. That period lasted for a year or so. But little by little this urge to make my own songs overpowered my thoughts. And so I bought my own little divas and started to make various covers.

I´m kinda strange Vocaloid producer, because I don´t make songs with Vocaloid´s designed language banks. My specialty is making them sing in my native language, Finnish. Sometimes it´s easy because of similar pronunciation with Japanese, sometimes not, but it´s always fun.

Right now I´m working with my first original song. Slowly but surely. ^^

Besides making Vocaloids sing, I´m pretty good at drawing, at least if you believe what others say. XD

That´s about it for now. See you around!
    Koda
    Koda

I am a : VOCALOID Producer who loves to collab
    Special Item : Big Al...the entire guy...right there in my pocket...yep.
    Location : Southern California, United States of America, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Some Galaxy-cluster

Doing things in the wrong order Empty Re: Doing things in the wrong order

Post  Koda Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:41 am

Finnish translations you say? That's fascinating! ^^ I didn't know there was a Finnish speaker in our little niche community. xD People must drive you nuts with Ievan Polkka. ^^

Anyway, glad to see you again outside my own intro topic. Hope to work with you in the future, and if not, then best of skill and luck to your work. ^^
    Kentai-P
    Kentai-P
    Admin

I am a : Vocaloid Producer
    Special Item : Green hat (made from an actual blowable horn)
    Location : I am hiding in your closet. ... When was the last time you cleaned this place up?!

Post  Kentai-P Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:12 am

yay, myu~ :3

let the good times keep rolling!
    I'm sure you could tell people a lot about how to handle pronounciation and sillibals in vocaloid to imitate other languages.
    If you ever have time, why not make a tutorial on how to write finish songs with vocaloid?

tutorials give lots of userpoints ^-^ (I think 10 per topic)

Though I still have no clue what we should use those points for in the future.
    Maby advertiseing or so.

sy,
    Kentai
    myu
    myu

Post  myu Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:04 am

@Koda Nice to see you again too. ^^ And yes, Ievan Polkka. XD Many people don´t know that the Loituma version´s lyrics are not actually accurate Finnish, but gibberish containing only a few Finnish words. I personally have no idea what the lyrics say. XD Regardless, it´s a nice and catchy song.

@Kentai-P Yay, Kentai~~ X3

I´ve thought about making a tutorial, too. Only problem is that it would be useful only to small amount of people. I can pretty much count all the people who actively make Finnish Vocaloid songs with one hand´s fingers. But maybe it would inspire more people into making songs. And besides, there´s always a need for userpoints, who knows what specials you will make up. ;D
    GaizerDragon
    GaizerDragon

I am a : Vocaloid producer, MMD user
    Special Item : Nendoroids

Post  GaizerDragon Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:19 am

Hi Myu, it seems like we had met somewhere before, hmmm.
    I can't wait to hear to your first original song and good luck. Wink
    AgentJ
    AgentJ

I am a : Future Vocaloid Producer =)

Post  AgentJ Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:38 am

Welcome anyway Very Happy

myu
    myu

Post  myu Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:20 pm

@AgentJ Hello to you too. Very Happy

@GaizerDragon Thank you! Though I´m taking my time in producing it, because I don´t want to mess up horribly. And yes, you certainly seem like a familiar face to me too, hmmm. XD
    Kentai-P
    Kentai-P
    Admin

I am a : Vocaloid Producer
    Special Item : Green hat (made from an actual blowable horn)
    Location : I am hiding in your closet. ... When was the last time you cleaned this place up?!

Post  Kentai-P Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:17 pm

While it is true that Finnish vocaloid songs aren't the top music on the market, what I was thinking was more along the lines of a tutorial on how to 'bend phonems' of the japanese vocaloids to sound like other languages, with your Finnish songwriting as an example, I am sure it could be a great help for many people, not only those who write Finnish songs :3

sy,
    Kentai

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 3:04 pm