Vocaloid Creativity Board

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Vocaloid Creativity Boards are a hub for not only Vocaloid fans, but especially people who produce Vocaloid and UTAU songs and fanart themselves and want to show and share. Use this as a platform for forming group projects and collaborative work!

3 posters

[Miki] Voices in my Head / Glimpses of Insanity

Kentai-P
    Kentai-P
    Admin

I am a : Vocaloid Producer
    Special Item : Green hat (made from an actual blowable horn)
    Location : I am hiding in your closet. ... When was the last time you cleaned this place up?!

[Miki] Voices in my Head / Glimpses of Insanity Empty [Miki] Voices in my Head / Glimpses of Insanity

Post  Kentai-P Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:22 pm

Hi Everybody!

This song was done months ago, but it took me those months to make the video ^^

The material in the video is drawn mostly by me, but the corpsfield and the walking animation of the main character are by bobaloca10.
    Visit her YT account, she is a great UTAU producer and creator!

So I don't expect a lot of positive feedback of this.
    I just wanted to give the most accurate expression of whats going on in the head of a person who is close to insanity.
    Through metaphor of course^^

so here the vid:

sadly it was so big, that YT couldn't save it at a higher quality...

Oh and now that all songs of Atomic Winter are releases, I can finally up the DL-Link!

sy,
    Kentai

(I just copied this from my post in VO, sry. I'm tired^^)
    UtauReni
    UtauReni

I am a : UTAU User, Vocaloid Fan
    Special Item : Yandere POWER!!

[Miki] Voices in my Head / Glimpses of Insanity Empty Re: [Miki] Voices in my Head / Glimpses of Insanity

Post  UtauReni Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:07 pm

Oh my god. Absolutely amazing ;___; incredibly inspiring, too. The music was chilling and perfect, and the visuals really mesmerized me :O I felt like I was zoning out, like I was in a dream... x3 or maybe I'm just crazy, idk LOL

My favorite parts were when it showed the green eyes dilating & the chant-y parts. I've always been a sucker for chants x3

I'm really excited that this project is finally out there ^^ I've been looking forward to it since you released that teaser a while back. I hope that a lot of people find and enjoy this video!!! <3
    Kentai-P
    Kentai-P
    Admin

Location : I am hiding in your closet. ... When was the last time you cleaned this place up?!

[Miki] Voices in my Head / Glimpses of Insanity Empty Re: [Miki] Voices in my Head / Glimpses of Insanity

Post  Kentai-P Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:10 pm

That would be nice. I already got my first negative critiques.
    But as much was to be expected xD

However I am really glad you liked the song and video so much and that it had an impact on you.
    That was defineatly worth all the trouble :3

I too love the part with the dilating eye, it's super freaky ^-^

sy,
    Kentai
    myu
    myu

I am a : Vocaloid Producer, Artist

Post  myu Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:17 pm

Aren´t I smart again? Like with the teaser, I just had to watch this at night. XO Bad decision, very bad. But I just had to see it right away, I´ve been waiting for this so long! And now I feel freaky, great...

Anyway. I understand well if many people doesn´t like this type of music, it isn´t for everyone, but I just love this kind of experiments. Music and chanting are awesome. It feels like you are pulled into her insane mind. Scary.

And the PV! <3 Creepiest part is definitely close to the end when Miki walks towards you. That sends chills down my spine.

All in all, GJ!
    Kentai-P
    Kentai-P
    Admin

Post  Kentai-P Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:00 pm

aww, you girls are great :3

I am really supprised that somany people like it (Even though I did have the expected bad reactions).
    The problem with the song is especially, that it is very demanding to the listeners understanding of music theory, may it be hard knowledge or refined gut feeling.
    It uses many unusual elements which are not only the dissonances, but those especially tend to drive usual listeners away from it, because they cause an uneasy feeling, even if they are partially resolved.

sy,
    Kentai
    UtauReni
    UtauReni

I am a : UTAU User, Vocaloid Fan
    Special Item : Yandere POWER!!

Post  UtauReni Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:14 pm

Yea!! ^^ as an ex-AP Music Theory student, I have acquired a deep appreciation for well-planned dissonance, and it makes my ears happy when I hear interesting musical concepts being used in music. <3 I can understand that the average listener without a trained ear may be driven away by the dissonance. It's kind of unfortunate D: people these days are so used to pop music with like 4 chords that when they hear these complicated musical statements theyre like "um what im not used to this, lets listen to GREEN DAY YOU GUYZZZ!!!" (nothing against Green Day there, im a fan too, theyre just easy to pick on Rolling Eyes )

Hopefully those listeners, when they come across your song, will at least be able to stick around for the beautiful artwork and lyrics ^^ <3
    Kentai-P
    Kentai-P
    Admin

Post  Kentai-P Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:34 pm

beautiful lyrics, eh? xD

also: 4 chords in one modern pop song? fat chance!!
    ABBA already actually managed to pull of an whole album built on only 2 chords and they are already classic.
    The trend is going down I tell you.

Soon music will split down into 'half scales'

"Oh, look, it's the new music, this song is written in C-halfass". Ya, major and minor are going.
    Actually just minor is going. Major stays and is just reduced.

Music is experiencing the same drift EVERY media is experiencing: the more it risks to stimulate the viewers/listeners/reades brain, the less worthy it is to become public.

Sorry I had to say all those things. But they just are the truth!

Thanks for a great comment anyway, I agree on all aspects mentioned.

sy,
    Kentai

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:19 am